Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Dormez vous?


O sleep, O gentle sleep,

Nature's soft nurse, how have I frighted thee,

That thou no more wilt weigh my eyelids down

And steep my sense in forgetfulness?


-William Shakespeare, Henry IV, Part I
I can't sleep - again. As god is my witness, I'm going to be in bed in fifteen minutes. If I don't get some good sleep tonight, I'm going to be useless tomorrow.
Don't have much to report today since I spent much of my time calling and arguing with insurance companies, and doctor's offices. Recently, I received a bill from a hospital network where one of my treating physician's works. He sends me a bill for his services, and then the hospital network send me a separate bill.
The bill from the hospital - which is, as far as I can figure, a charge for merely setting my foot inside the door, was $194.00.
One hundred and ninety four dollars to walk in the door. Seriously?
I did very well though, and manged not to lose my cool when dealing with multiple business office people on the phone. Actually, they were for the most part helpful and competent. But it is still crap I wish I didn't have to deal with right now. There are so many other things things that are more important and need my attention.
Someday I will stop seeing all these doctors. It may be sooner rather than later. I'm losing patience, and those co-pays really do add up.
My bed is calling me and I've missed my fifteen minute window. I've got another med appointment tomorrow at 9:30 am, so I need to be asleep in about half an hour. Do you think part of my difficulty is the pressure to fall asleep by a certain time so I get my required number of hours?
Quick, relax! SLEEP! SLEEP NOW!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment