Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Giant Ear Ache


"The 2 common causes of otitis externa are trapped moisture and minor injury to the ear canal. Otitis media is caused by bacteria growing in the middle ear behind the eardrum." http://www.emedicinehealth.com/


Ok, my ear hurts. A lot. I used to get earaches all the time when I was a kid. One doctor said I had, "the most tortuous ear canals" he had ever seen.
At present I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do over the weekend, and how I can avoid the ear thing getting any worse. If the ear keeps hurting, I'm not going to be doing much of anything.
(Like I need something else on my body hurting? Oy.)
This is going to sound like voodoo but I'm going to use these ear drops - they're garlic and grapefruit seed oil - that have worked in the past. A few drops and a bit of cotton and with any luck I'll be as good as new. Without luck, I'll be sitting in yet another doctor's office.
Sorry this is such a short entry. New pain makes me cranky.

No comments:

Post a Comment