Thursday, September 10, 2009

Aqualung


"For the preservation of chastity, an empty and rumbling stomach and fevered lungs are indispensable." Saint Jerome
Was without Internet for three days and then called home because Gram was admitted to the hospital. She has congestive heart failure, or something, one report said she did, one said she didn't. She DID have fluid around her lung and was "tapped" and had the fluid removed via a needle. The doctor removed over a liter of fluid. She's got more in there.
Both my mother and I are exhausted as we've been trying to stay with her as long as we can each day. She had a roommate but they moved her to the regular (non cardiac) floor, which is good, but when I left she was alone in the room. Normally, this wouldn't be a problem but she's never been alone - never even stayed alone in the house. Yeah, bizarre, eh? So she's a little freaky about it. And the last time she was in the hospital was when she delivered my mom 61 years ago.
I'm going to bed right now. My computer time stamp is off, but it's quarter after 8pm, and I. AM. GOING. TO. BED.
I have a 9 am class tomorrow and missed the last one so I have to be there. Ugh.
Ok....that's it for tonight. Tomorrow I can write about what stress and sleeplessness does to a bashed up brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment